Thursday, April 20, 2017

Art with Heart Team Blog Hop - Lucky Elephant


Today, I am participating in a blog hop along with the super talent ladies at Art with Heart Team.  We thought it would be fun to share some projects using our favourite retiring products from both the 2016-2017 Annual and 2017 Occasions Catalogues.


Selected retiring products have discounted of up to 50% off but they are only available until sold out. Be sure to place orders before the sun sets on these item on 31 May.  You don't want to miss out - ask me how!

I am featuring the Lucky Elephant stamp set, unfortunately the clear mount set has already sold out but the wood mount is still available.  I was inspired to finally ink up this set by the very talented New Zealand Demonstrator, Angela Meiritz-Reid who displayed this technique at OnStage Live in Brisbane in November.

I stamped the image in Smoky Slate and then with my Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker I traced around the rubber and wow what an amazing result.

Stamp Set:  Lucky Elephant
Cardstock:  Delightful Dijon, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Smoky Slate
Accessories:  Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker

Stampin' Up! Lucky Elephant created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Close up of the cute elephant

Stampin' Up! Lucky Elephant created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf

Lucky Elephant Wood-Mount Stamp Set142936
Price$30.00
It doesn't matter how many reasons you've got, that's certainly enough reason to own this charming lucky elephant stamp. Add it to your collection today!
Quantity: 2 rubber stamps

Now it's time to hop on over to my friend, Rachel Palmieri from Melbourne.



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what an effective technique Kathryn, it really makes that elephant pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great inky technique, and I love your choice of DSP to complement the image and colours, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The elephant looks fabulous in the Smoky Slate and Night Of Navy. What a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tat looks great Kathryn! Great use of colour too. I didn't get to play with Delightful Dion much but it does look great with navy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathryn, isn't he fantastic? I love him too! What a great technique you used and so effective! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your elephant turned out, navy and grey looks great. We are doing this one in my May class, the ladies are quite excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I brought this elephant and have only used it once. Now I have seen yours will be trying this. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! It really makes the elephant stand out. I would never have thought of using the stamp this way

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Kathryn, the blue outline really makes him pop and love your colour combination very elegant xx

    ReplyDelete