Monday, October 25, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 17 Angels of Peace


I am enjoying being on holidays as this morning I was able to finish off a card that I started with my card class.  

Welcome to Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team "Heart of Christmas Blog Hop", tonight is my first this year, I know I should create more but life and work do get in the way.  You maybe starting here, or you may have come from the Sharon Davern, who at late notice added me this week.

I attended an online facebook group of South Pacific Stampin' Up! Demonstrators a few weekends ago and the talented Donna from the Sydney office showed various textured techniques.

This one features a mask where we have layered colours of Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight, Granny Apple Green and then again Coastal Cabana with the blending brushes.

I have added the 2 beautiful angels from the Angels of Peace stamp set, stamped in Black Memento and then coloured with the Stampin' Up! Blends in Granny Apple Green and then fussy cut out and layered onto a circle of Basic White.  Finally I added the sentiment and a few sequins.

Stamp Set:  Angels of Peace, Merriest Moments
Cardstock:  Coastal Cabana, Basic White
Ink:  Black Memento, Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight, Granny Apple Green
Accessories:  Cut and Emboss Machine, Layering Circles, Sequins




Close Up of the Mask Technique with the Blending Brushes.



Those cute angels.
 


Thanks for stopping by this evening, now it's time to see what Tina Gillespie has created.


If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Sharon Davern, and she will have the list of all those participating.

9 comments:

  1. The stencilled background is the perfect base for your angels, Kathryn! I love the colours you've used, and the scale of the design. The angels coloured in Granny Apple Green look wonderful against the background. Nice to have you playing along; enjoy your holidays! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see you on the hop, Kathryn! I love this unusual colour combination and your masking technique - it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Kathryn and the masking looks fabulous using the different inks. The angels are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautifully designed card Kathryn! I love the colours and the ink blending through the stencil. It's the perfect background for your gorgeous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stencilled background look fabulous! The blend of colours is perfection, and a wonderful setting for your lovely angels. We are so glad you could join us for the HOC Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn your stenciled background is just lovely as is the colouring of your angels

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colour palette Kathryn. Your card is really different but absolutely beautiful. It is funny that you have used such vivid colours but the way you have used them almost gives the card a serene quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how beautiful is your sponging with the decorative mask?! That is the perfect shape behind your gorgeous angels and lovely soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the contemporary non traditional colours Kathryn. The stencilled background looks terrific and I do love the colouring in of your beautiful angels.

    ReplyDelete