Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Art with Heart Team #ColourCreations39 - Real Red

 

It's been 12 month since I have participated in the Art with Heart Team #ColourCreationsBlogHop, wow oh wow this year is flying by.  This week we are featuring the colour Real Red.

Welcome to the hop or you may have come from my good friend in Melbourne, Rachel Palmieri.

I received a request this last week to create a card for the organist at my church who was being recognised for playing for 25 years.  This gave me the opportunity to make a piano card which I have looked at for many years.

The most complicated part to the card was drawing the freehand outline of the curve of the piano but it was so very easy, I then cut this out.  With a strip of Basic White, I draw some lines down to create some keys and then I added some thin strips of Basic Basic on dimensionals to create the upper keys on the piano.  Finally I added the sentiment and ribbon and it was finished.

Stamp Set:  Flowing Flowers
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Basic White
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Real Red 3/8" Double Stitched Satin Ribbon




Inside the card



The piano keys



Thanks for stopping by it's now time to see what Caroline Manwaring has created.



If at any time you find a broken link, please head to the blog of this week's host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor, and she will have the list of all participants.

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a card, Kathryn! I love how you have been so creative in making a very special and personalised card for your church organist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of this special-order card Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your piano card Kathryn. I am sure the Church organist will be delighted. The Real Red ribbon adds a dramatic touch. Gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea, for a personalised card. Very clever, Kathryn ... and it's great to have you playing along with us. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, I think you have managed to fit the bill of your order. The recipient should feel very privileged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect card for any musician I would say! I love how the sentiment can be seen from the closed card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever and such an appropriate design to recognise the occasion, Kathryn. I love the red ribbon!

    ReplyDelete