Sunday, June 27, 2021

CASEing the Catty - #CTC324 Retiring Mini Project, Snail Mail

 


Do you believe in miracles?  You may will do now as I am participating in the CASEing the Catty for 3 week's in row, surprise surprise!  This week we are featuring a Retiring Project from the Mini Catalogue, which finishes in a few days time - 30 June.

You may have started the hop here, or you may have come from Monique Fielder.

I am highlighting the Snail Mail Suite, I have only used the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper for the 2 cards I have created for this Challenge.  I think we all love DSP and sometime we just don't want to cut into the sheets.


I thought I would make the most of the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper before it has retired and I am hopeful to get the 2 card into the post to a my Stampin' Up! Pen Pals.

I have chosen to CASE the 2 cards to the left.  The one to the far left utilises triangles of DSP as the background and then I fussy cutting the snails and sentiment.

The second card features strips of DSP of varying widths and then woven together to make the background and then a large square of Real Red with small Hearts DSP on top to make the snail and mushrooms pop.

Cardstock:  Basic White Thick, Snail Mail Designer Paper.




Card 1 - Woven Background



Inside of the Card



Close Up of Strips of DSP Woven together for the Background



Card 2 - Triangle Background



Cute Close Up of the Snails



Thanks for stopping by now it's time to hop over to Sandra Collett.



 Are you inspired by the CASEing the Catty Crew why not participate in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge by uploading a card or project to the facebook page.




6 comments:

  1. Your cards are super cute! You have a lot of patience to do the paper weaving, but the end result is worth the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Kathryn. That paper is simply the best. So cheery. Love your lattice design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with the snail DSP Kathryn. Great CASEs. And a fun way to use up your scraps with the woven background. Think I may need to go and have another play with this bundle now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these are an absolutely brilliant way to showcase this stunning paper!! Love love love your cards - both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two cute, adorable cards!! I love the weaving, it's a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute. Great use of the DSP. I’ll miss these little snails.

    ReplyDelete