Sunday, February 21, 2016

CASE-ing the Catty Birthday Blooms - #CTC67

This week at CASE-ing the Catty #CTC67 we are featuring the Birthday Bouquet section in the Occasions Catalogue I could not go passed Birthday Blooms stamp set.  I was inspired by the below colours in this bloom.

You may have come from Monique Fielder and don't you just love her card this week.

Again this week I have used Black Stazon to stamp the image and then I have used Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and finally Calypso Coral with a sponge dauber to colour this beautiful flower.  I then used Pear Pizzazz with a tiny touch of Old Olive for the leaves.  I then fussy cut out the bloom close to the image and then with my Black Stampin' Write Marker went around the edge to finish it off.

Stamp Set:  Birthday Blooms
Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Gold Foil Sheets, Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive




A close up of this beautiful coloured bloom



I decided to colour the small flower bud for the inside of the card



It's now time to hop over to Elizabeth Gross and wow oh wow love her card this week using the Number of Years stamp set with the matching framelits.



If you have any problems hopping around please check out the crew's creations at CASE-ing the Catalogue.


Are you inspired by the Occasions Catalogue, we have a monthly challenge so join the challenge via the linky tool at CTC.  A winner will be chose at the end of the month and announced the following week.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kathryn. It is very elegant and I love that the flower is the focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great layout and such beautiful colouring of your lovely bloom Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful bloom coloured creatively. I wouldn't have even thought to use a sponge dauber to colour a flower like this but I love the soft effect you got Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card, and coloured beautifully too. I love the way the flower overlaps the square - looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful results of your colouring technique, Kathryn, & am keen to give it a try!
    Gorgeous design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring of this beautiful birthday bloom is exquisite, Kathryn. Such a nice example of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card!! I love your colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used sponge daubers to colour the flower, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete