Wednesday, April 10, 2024

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #48 - Starry Sky Two-Tone Flora


The Art with Heart Team Colour Creations Blog Hop this week are featuring one of the retiring in colors - Starry Sky, which is a blue/purple.

Welcome to the blog hop or you may have come from Amy McIlroy.

Today, I am featuring stamp sets that also will be retiring at the end of the month to create my card, the Two-Tone Flora Bundle, Rays of Light and Artistically Ink.

I have used a piece of Basic White cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder with the background stamp Rays of Light and then added Starry Sky ink with the blending brushes to give it a light shade and mounted this onto a piece of Starry Sky cardstock.

To create the centrepiece of my card I used the Two-Tone Flora stamp set and matching Dies in Starry Sky and Calypso Coral for the flowers (to create the two tone effect I stamped off for the light shade) and Mossy Meadow and Old Olive for the leaves.

Finally adding my favourite sentiment from Artistically Ink, which I am really going to miss and some Pebbed Path Dots and a double bow in White Baker's Twine.

Stamp Set:  Two-Tone Flora, Rays of Light, Artistically Ink
Cardstock:  Starry Sky, Basic White
Ink:  Starry Sky, Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, VersaMark
Accessories:  Cut and Emboss Machine, Two-Tone Dies, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Pebbed Path Dots, White Baker's Twine

 

 
Inside the card



Close up of the Centrepiece



Thanks for stopping by this week, now it's time to see what Di Furniss has created.


If at any time you find a broken link, please head to the blog of this week's host of the AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop, Cathy Proctor, and she will have the list of all participants.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kathryn, I love the Rays of Light stamp set as the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love that beautiful background you've created, Kathryn! I am going to miss the Rays of Light stamp - it's so versatile, and striking. I love the idea of white-embossing it, and softly adding colour with blending brushes. Calypso Coral looks so pretty with Starry Sky. Gorgeous colour combination, and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Kathryn. I love everything about your card and I'm going to miss all of those retiring products too. you have showcased them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blending on the embossed Rays of Light with Starry Sky, it looks fantastic! What a shame they won’t be available anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Kathryn. Your sun rays are delightful in the background and the two tone flower arrangement to one side looks great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Kathryn, those Rays of Light really draw the eye in to the gorgeous cluster of blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossed Rays of Light gives your card a fabulous background Kathryn. I love the group of flowers you created too, reminds me of Stampin' Up!s logo flowers.

    ReplyDelete