Sunday, October 15, 2023

CASEing the Catty - #CTC441 Case an Annual Catalogue Project and Add a Twist

 

I had created this card a couple of weeks ago as a Twist to an Annual Catalogue project as the lovely Frances showed this fractured card technique at a recent afternoon creating with fellow South Australian demonstators.

Thanks for stopping by or you may have come from Judy May.

My card was inspired by the card on page 81 of the Annual Catalogue, I does not have many layers as the sentiment is really the feature of this card.


I have chosen a card base of Lost Lagoon with a piece of my favourite Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper.  

 To make the fractured card, I cut a piece of 2 1/4" square of Sweet Sorbet Textured Speciality Paper and then add a sentiment which I cut out using the square die from the Christmas Classics Die Set which you stick down diagonally.  

I have cut 3 @ 1/4" strip off Lost Lagoon Soft Shimmer Paper and then you then surround the square on all four sides as per the card below starting with the strip in the left top corner.  I then finished off this card with some holy leaves and gems from the Loose Holly Gems & Sequins

Stamp Set:  Brightest Glow
Cardstock:  Lost Lagoon, Basic White, Sweet Sorbet Textured Speciality Paper, Lost Lagoon Soft Shimmer Paper
Ink:  Pretty Peacock
Accessories:  Cut 'n Emboss Machine, Christmas Classics Dies,  Loose Holly Gems & Sequins




Close up of the featured sentiment.



Now it's time to hop on over to Julia Quinn.



2 comments:

  1. I love your card, I thought you had carefully measured and cut all of the DSP into triangles, so I am glad you let us in on the secret, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete