Monday, October 9, 2023

AWH Heart of Christmas Week 10 - Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks


It maybe week 10 of the Art with Heart Team Heart of Christmas Blog Hop but it's my first one for this season.

Welcome to the blog hop or you may have come from Theresa Gerrard.

I am in love with the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks.  I have chosen to colour the flowers with a few shades, the outside petals are Sweet Sorbet with Cherry Cobbler more in the centre with Daffodil Delight and Pecan Pie making up the centres of my poinsettias.  These have all been fussy cut out as there are no matching die for the mask, but I really do like to fussy cut so this was not an issue for me creating this card.

To put the card together, I used a Cherry Cobbler base with some plaid Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper just on the right hand side, layered with my circle sentiment.  After blending 5 flowers and cutting them out, I layered the largest flower and smallest together to give more definition and used the various leaves in Old Olive in behind the flowers and finally adding a few Rhinestones, we all like a bit of bling.

I had a leftover flower so I made an inside to the card with some Basic White cardstock and a strip of the matching plaid Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper.

Stamp Set:  Hope & Peace
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic White, Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Sweet Sorbet, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Black Memento
Accessories:  Cut 'n Emboss Machine, Deckled Circle Dies, Rhinestone Basic Jewels




Close up of the poinsettias.



Inside the card.



Thanks for stopping by, now it's time to see what Rosa Leyden has created.


If the next button link is not working or you'd like to see the entire list of participants please go to Sharon Davern's blog.


8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this! The inked flowers suit the flowy sentiment perfectly! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Heart of Christmas for this year Kathryn we are so glad that you are here! What a fabulous card! I love the colours you have used to blend together, Sweet Sorbet and Cherry Cobbler go so well together. I don't have these masks but I am thinking I might just have to get them. Love how you have used a large sentiment with them too! Gorgeous card! Hope to see you more when you can! Thanks for participating this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never pictured these flowers as poinsettias, but they work really well as a Christmas card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of things to love about this card, Kathryn! I really like your choice of Sweet Sorbet, paired with Cherry Cobbler for the flowers. The gorgeous big sentiment fits perfectly on the Deckled Circle, and I am a sucker for plaid (especially in reds) for Christmas. Lovely to have you join us on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have you join this week's blog hop Kathryn. Such a lovely card and all the different elements come together beautifully. The sentiment you have chosen is perfect for the space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn your Christmas card is so vibrant and those flowers are blended beautifully. I love the stamped sentiment on the Deckled Circle die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty Kathryn. Your card has an Aussie botanical look to it in my opinion, and perfect for our warmer festive season. Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love this, Kathryn. Those masks are brilliant, aren't they?! I love how you have fussy cut them and placed them around the left side with your sentiment and the perfect choice of DSP. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete