Sunday, February 13, 2022

CASEing the Catty - #CTC356 Colours of the Heart & Home DSP, Catching the Butterflies



Wow another week has gone by and it's been a creative week with preparing for my card class yesterday which was my first for the year.  I decided to do a card that I could also feature in this week's CASEing the Catty Challenge by using the Colours of the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper - Pale Papaya, Garden Green, Misty Moonlight, Fresh Freesia, Cinnamon Cider and Basic Gray.

Welcome if you are starting here or you may have come from Julia Quinn.

I have chosen the card on page 58 to CASE using very similar colours and design with my card base being Pale Papaya and I used the cute little girl from the Sale-A-Bration Catching Butterflies stamp set.  

When recreating the card, it was only then that I notice that the Heart & Home Doily had more textured that the cut out featured and I swapped out the Hive 3D Embossing Folder for one that I had in my collection from the Annual Catalogue, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.

Stamp Set:  Catching Butterflies, Blessings of Home
Cardstock:  Pale Papaya, Basic White, Heart & Home Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Black Memento, Misty Moonlight (Pale Papaya, Cinnamon Cider, Fresh Freesia, SU700, SU800 Stampin' Blends)
Accessories:  Cut n Embossing Machine, Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Heart & Home Doilies, Denim 3/8" Ribbon, Night of Navy Fan Baker's Twine





Close up of the textured doily and the little girl.



Now it's time to hop over to Michelle Strazds to see what she has to share this week.



Are you inspired by the CASEing the Catty Crew why not participate in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge by uploading a card or project to the facebook page.



2 comments:

  1. Wish I was there Kathryn. Such a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't noticed the extra texture on the doily and it does add value to your card but the little butterfly catcher is such a fun addition and looks great.

    ReplyDelete