Sunday, November 8, 2020

CASEing the Catty - #CTC293 Snowflake Wishes and Dragonfly Garden

 

This week at CASEing the Catty, we are caseing a card from page 36 in the Mini Catologue.

You may have started the hop here, welcome or you may have come from Shannon Kissane.

From Thursday evening through to Saturday mid afternoon, I participated in Stampin' Up! #OnStageAtHome which was an online event instead of catching up with fellow demonstrators around the South Pacific due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions for the attendees as well as the Home Office staff in Sydney and Utah, USA.

Whilst having an extended lunch break on Friday, I decided to create my card, I chose the card to the left. I used the shades of Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana for my card instead of the blues in the example.  

The Coastal Cabana tag strip was embossed in clear embossing powder which created a raised tone on tone.  I then used the Coastal Cabana ribbon to make the sentiment pop as I did not have any matching twine.  I then layered the snowflake and then added a beautiful Blue gem, they are so cute, I just had to add a couple more.

As I had the Dragonfly Garden Suite out from the morning Share and Experience where we created 3 cards, I decided to use this as a sketch to create a totally different card.

This suite has the Dragonfly Garden stamp set, Dragonflies punch, Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper and those very cute brass Ladybug Trinkets.  This suite will be available in the upcoming Mini Catalogue in January but if you are a demonstrator we get to preorder lots of products prior to the official launch.

I chose Bumblebee as my background and then used a couple pieces of Designer Series Paper to layer up the matching colours, I then stamped the largest dragonfly Bumblebee and punch it out with the punch and placed it in the corner as a feature and then stamped the sentiment and placed the Ladybug in the opposite corner with some Gold trim placed at the back.

Stamp Set:  Snowflake Wishes, Dragonfly Garden
Cardstock, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Bumblebee, Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight, Versamark
Accessories:  So Many Snowflakes Dies, Coast Cabana Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems,  Ribbon, Dragonflies Punch, Ladybug Trinkets, Gold Trim




Snowflake Splendor Suite



Close up



Dragonfly Garden Suite



Close up 



Thanks for stopping by, now it's time to hop to Judy May.



Are you inspired by the CASEing the Catty Crew why not participate in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge by uploading a card or project to the facebook page.


4 comments:

  1. I love the Bermuda Bay/Coastal Cabana colour combo! And your dragonfly card is fabulous too1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I love how you’ve created a similar version in green tones rather than the blue. The dragonfly card looks great. Great choice of DSP and colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh both your cards are brilliant! Love the colours you've chosen and all the little extra details are glorious!! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent use of your lunch break! I always love seeing one layout in two very different themes like this. These are both beautifully detailed. I am loving that new dragonfly suite and you've shown it off so well. :)

    ReplyDelete