Saturday, September 6, 2014

Father's Day Card ... the Open Sea

I will be celebrating Father's Day with my dad tomorrow evening with dinner out, yah! I don't have to cook.  I cased this card from Deb Fearns, using the masking technique with lots of sponging in all shades of brown for him.  

I demonstrated this card at my last card class, on how you mask off the area with tearing up post-it notes and then sponging the area with layers of colours and then randomly stamp over the top with darker shades.  I love the new note tag punch too and I teamed this up with a mini peg.

Stamp Set:  The Open Sea, Well Scripted (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Linen Thread, Mini Peg (retired), Stamping Sponges, Note Tag Punch, Twine (retired)




Close up of the tag which I sponged around 
and attached it with a mini peg with some twine.



No comments:

Post a Comment