Thursday, June 18, 2015

Art with Heart Team Blog Hop - New Annual Catalogue

Today I bring to you another AWHT Blog Hop with some of the awesome ladies in the Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team.  

Today our focus is on the new Annual Catalogue and don't you just love what Jenny Van Dijk has created with that new stamp set.

I would also like to highlight the joining special for this month.  Our Team is one of the largest in Melbourne (with lots of interstate girls too, like me here in the Adelaide Hills) and offer support, fun and friendship to anyone who would like to join us - from Hobby Demonstrators to Business Demonstrators to anyone in between.  

And for the month of June, there is a bonus special, you get to choose any two stamp sets of your choice for free along with your starter kit (that's $235 worth of products for only $169).  What are you waiting for, contact me today to find out more.

Well, back to my card for today's Blog Hop, I am featuring one of the stamp sets that was on top of my wish list.  My Mojo was missing when I need to create on the weekend, so I went to the Annual Catalogue and I CASEd the Card that Stampin' Up! featured.  

It has a wonderful large background stamp which I randomly stamped in Pool Party and then stamped the flower in Black Stazon and used my sponge daubers to create layers of colour with a couple of the new in colours Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  I mounted the background onto some Pool Party and then used the new THICK Whisper White cardstock to make the base.

Stamp Set: You've Got This
Ink: Pool Party, Black Stazon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush
Cardstock: Thick Whisper Whisper, Whisper White, Bohemian Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doilies, 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Sponge Dauber, Hello Honey Stampin' Write Maker




Close up of the flower which I used the sponge dauber to get depth of colour 
and then used the Hello Honey Marker for the centre.




Let’s keep this blog hop hopping. Next up we have Nikki Sadler





If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
  1. Kathryn Ruddick
  2. Jenny Van Dijk
  3. Kathryn Mangelsdorf
  4. Nikki Sadler
  5. Ros Davidson
  6. Kate Morgan
  7. Kayleen McLean
  8. Genna Gifford
  9. Tina Gillespie
  10. Judy May


10 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this card Kathryn - I'm sure whoever receives it will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kathryn! It's such a shame you live all the way over there in South Australia. It would be such fun to get together more regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I cased the catalogue too! Don't the cards look so much better and just amazing in real life? Love yours. I had to open the catalogue to page 113 and see the original - I love YOUR extra layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the effect of the sponging on the flower, stunning!!! I am going to have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Kathryn. I particularly liked how you did the background. The flower is just beautiful.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, Kathryn. I like how you sponged colour onto the gorgeous bloom; it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. The Watermelon Wonder really gives it a nice Pop of color

    ReplyDelete
  8. the background looks great all over in Pool Party, lovely, subtle texture.Sponge dauber colouring is a very nice effect, must try it sometime. Lovely card Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Kathryn! This set is a favourite of mine too. Love the idea of sponging the flower as an alternative to watercolouring. Will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete