Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Article in The Courier my Local Paper

As you might be aware, I am hosting Kathryn's Girls Afternoon on Saturday to raise funds for women's cancers. Last week I was contacted by the Cancer Council of South Australia wanting to know if I would consider talking with my local newspaper, The Courier at Mount Barker about my Girls Night In event and the reasons why I was having the event. I hope you can read the article as it does explain that my mother and sister have been diagnosed with breast cancer with my sister passing away after a two year battle with the terrible disease. They took lots of photos so I was a little disappointed that I am not smiling in the one they went with.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kathryn on a great result!!! (Thanks for visiting my blog to let me know!) I am so glad you had the opportunity to do this ... especially when it is a cause that is so close to your heart! It is very brave and so encouraging to do this in memory of your sister. (And for your mum). Oh ... and I think the photo is JUST FINE!!! Love the cards too! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete