Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Bron's Birthday Blog Hop #5 - Fancy Folds Merriest Moments

It's Bron's Birthday Blog Hop (and Insta Hop) #5 but it's my first!  We're a group of stamping friends that are celebrating Bron's 60th Birthday in 2022 with six blog hops, over six months, with six fun themes!

I could not miss out on the Fancy Folds, Bronwyn is a star at making fancy fold cards and she kindly provided me a tutorial for a Gate Fold Double Box Card. 

As I created this last week, I had my supplies out from my Christmas in July card class so I just had to make an oh so special Christmas card (it will be going to be a lovely lady as it took me quite some time to complete).

I have chosen traditional colours of shades of green with Cherry Cobbler.  It's had to see but I started with Old Olive cardstock and layered it with a couple of different pieces of Boughs of Holly Designer Series Paper.  The layers and folds include two double boxes where I added some returning favourite Wonderful Snowflakes in iridescent foil.

Lots of stamping of the poinsettias in Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive holly leaves from the Merriest Moments stamp set, and lots of fussy cutting which I don't mind at all either.  It was then putting these together with more Wonderful Snowflakes and gems.   Finally, I then added a couple of Christmas trees from Trees for Sale to give added depth to the trees on the DSP.

Stamp Set:  Merriest Moments, Trees for Sale
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Basic White, Boughs of Holly Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Cut 'n Emboss Machine, Tree Lot Dies, Wonderful Snowflakes, Adhesive Backed Sequins & Gems, Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Gems


It does close up and fits in a standard envelope.



Opened up



Looking down on the Double Boxes



Pulled fully open



Close up of the left hand corner



Close up of the right hand corner



Thanks for stopping at my blog today and now it's time to see what fancy fold Chantell Randall has made.



8 comments:

  1. Wow, this certainly is an extra-special card for an extra-special person! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a winter wonderland! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get the pattern for this card? Kristystark@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy, you can purchase the tutorial from Bronwyn Eastley https://addinktivedesigns.com/shop/

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with my template for the Gatefold Double Box Card. You've created such a beautiful Christmas scene. Thanks for joining in with the Birthday Hop this month. PS: I'll send Kristy the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fold Kathryn and such a lovely festive design and fold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fold looks frighteningly complicated! And fantastic as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snowflakes work beautifully with the gorgeous Christmas flowers - and the colours of your card are just magical!!

    ReplyDelete