Sunday, August 21, 2016

CASE-ing the Catty Floral Phrases & Detailed Floral Thinlits - #CTC92



I have been missing in action in the creating world of late but I am participating in this weeks CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop featuring the Everyday Occasions section in the Annual Catalogue (pages 66-91) as I am staying home in isolation as I have been hospitalising for 24 hours with a terrible virus earlier this week and had to cancel my card class this afternoon.  So sorry ladies, but I did not receive my Holiday Catalogues on Friday either.

I am looking forward to getting inky soon once my life gets back to "normal" whatever that is of late, with my father moving into Restvale Nursing Home on Tuesday it's been a very emotional time for the family and I still have a few more weeks of paperwork and coordinating his care before I will be able to relax.

Back to Stamping!  You may be starting here, so welcome or you may have come from Monique Fielder and she never disappoints.

My card this week is a combination of the gift box and card featured to the left.
Stampin' Up! Floral Phrases & Detailed Floral Thinlits card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf
I liked the simple design of the white card using the Detailed Floral Thinlits but wanted to use the stamp set as well at my card class, so this is what I came up with below.  It uses my favourite colour for the 2016-2018 In Colours, Dapper Denim with Whisper White for a striking card.

I then made a second card using the thanks sentiment and then stamped the inside of the card to match.

Stamp Set:  Floral Phrases
Cardstock:  Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White
Ink:  Dapper Denim
Accessories:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies


Stampin' Up! Floral Phrases & Detailed Floral Thinlits card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


My second card

Stampin' Up! Floral Phrases & Detailed Floral Thinlits card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


I don't often stamp in the inside of my card but this set has a great matching sentiment and the long border stamp just finishes off the card.

Stampin' Up! Floral Phrases & Detailed Floral Thinlits card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Now it's time hop over to Simone Bartrum and see what she has made this week.



If you are inspired by the Annual Catalogue and the blog hop, why not participate in our monthly challenge by going to the linky tool at CTC and the winner will be announced in the first Sunday in September.



9 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better and your dad is settling in well. Love your card, these framelits make it so easy to create a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeeeutiful. Such a lovely set and the colours look amazing too. Thankyou for the fantastic inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Kathryn the dapper denim looks great, beautiful cards and lovely sentiments inside and the border stamp just finishes it off nicely! Hope your Dad is settling in ok, must be a very emotional time for you. Just as well we have stamping to take us away to another place for a short while, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the inside of that thank you card, both beautiful cards Kathryn.Hope things are beginning to improve over your way.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set Kathryn, Hope you are feeling better health wise soon and that you can get through these next fee weeks. It is a very difficult time for family having been there on more than one occasion. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing that you've managed any craft & blogging time with all you've had going on Kathryn! Onwards and upwards from here. So glad you shared your gorgeous card with us today. The stamping on the inside was the perfect touch to finish it off! Kelly x (PS, I next to never stamp on the inside cos I suck at getting sentiments straight - which means the last thing I stamp - the wonky sentiment, always ruins my card!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn you've had such a full on few weeks it must feel nice to have had a little time for crafting - even though it's because you're in isolation. You have made 2 lovely cards. Hope your Dad is settling well and that you recover very quickly. Take care of yourself, E

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so elegant, Kathryn and I love the choice of Dapper Denim. Hope you are over your virus and feeling on top again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an elegant card, Kathryn. May be tempted to get this bundle.

    ReplyDelete