I have mounted my beautiful rose on a piece of vellum which comes from the Sale-A-Brations Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack. If you purchase this bundle for $85.75 and order a snail refill, which will make your order over $90.00 you will get this amazing vellum stack for FREE.
Stamp Set: Rose Wonder
Cardstock: Basic Black, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Rose Garden Thinlits Dies, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
Here are a few tips to complete this technique:
- Cut out the small rose and the largest leaves from the larger rose thinlits in Basic Black cardstock.
- Starting with the rose I then placed snail on a square piece of Basic Black cardstock and stuck down the outline of the rose.
- Cut out three more roses in Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum and finally Elegant Eggplant.
- Carefully place all the purple pieces onto the Basic Black cardstock starting with lightest purple, Wisteria Wonder on the outer edge to the darkest, Elegant Eggplant in the centre (as below).
- Repeat the process with the leaves using Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi.
Why not try this technique, it will look great also using the Bold Butterfly Framelits or Butterflies Thinlits.