Sunday, September 13, 2020

CASEing the Catty - #CTC285 - CASE Sketch, Rooted in Nature


This week we are CASEing the Catty we are casing a layout from page 29 from the Mini Catalogue which is featured below.

If you have started the hop here welcome, or you may have come from my friend and South Australian stamper, Tina Gillespie.

I have chosen the Rooted in Nature stamp set as it has a large individual tree stamp which I thought I would stamp 4 times to create the four strips, 2 in Shaded Spruce and 2 in Mint Macaron at the top of the card, as it did not fill the card to the bottom, I repeated this step with the trunk as a feature.  

It was a little sparse so I stamped off in Just Jade and added a little individual treat to fill in the background.  Finally I chose a long thin sentiment from the For Unto Us stamp set to stamp onto a thin piece of Whisper White cardstock in Shaded Spruce to cover the joins of the trees and then for a final touch added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the four feature trees (unfortunately my photos can not pick up the sparkle).

Stamp Set:   Rooted in Nature, For Unto Us
Cardstock:  Mint Macaron, Whisper White
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Just Jade, Mint Macaron
Accessories:  Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush






I was hoping you could see the Clear Wink of Stella, but I don't think it came out even in the close up.



It's now time to hop on over to Sandra Collett.



Are you inspired by the CASEing the Catty Crew why not participate in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge by uploading a card or project to the facebook page.



6 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning interpretation of the sketch!! I love how you have used trees as the "strips".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the trees as your strips. Love the shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is such a clever and creative way to use the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful cards !!!
    Lake Wales, Florida USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super clever way to use this sketch!! I love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful, Kathryn. What a fabulous and unique interpretation of the sketch - I love it!

    ReplyDelete