Sunday, June 11, 2017

CASE-ing the Catty Beautiful Bouquet - #CTC132





Welcome to the second week of the CASE-ing the Catty utilising the new Annual Catalogue, unfortunately Australia Post could not deliver my Big Brown Box in time for this week, but I did get this set as my reward for Sale-A-Bration promotion earlier in the year.

You may be starting here so welcome or you may have come from Krissy Buck.

One of my Card Class ladies was celebrating her 80th Birthday yesterday, so I decide to make her card inspired by the layout of the card on the left (page 74 of the Annual Catalogue).  

I was inspired by the birthday badge and I wanted to make a centre feature of the 80. I started with a base of Fresh Fig and then stamped on a piece of Powder Pink with the small flowers and then layered on 2 circles.  I finished the card off with flowers on the diagonal sides and finished it off with some ribbon and sequin trim (sorry I had to used the retired trim).

I had a couple of flowers left so I then decided to decorate the inside of the card with one of my favourite sentiments from the Special Celebrations set.

Stamp Set:  Beautiful Bouquet, Special Celebrations
Cardstock:  Fresh Fig, Berry Burst, Powder Pink, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Powder Pink, Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo, Tranquil Tide
Accessories:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Bouquet Bunch Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layer Circle Framelits, Tranquil Tide 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim (retired), Circle Punch




Close up of the 80 Birthday Badge



Inside the card



Now it's time to hop on over to Mel Pangano.




Are you inspired by the CASE-ing the Catty Crew why not participate in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge by uploading a photo on Facebook.




6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card - I love all the elements and the birthday badge front and centre looks awesome. Gorgeous colours and the flowers are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky is that lady! I bet she loved this card Kathryn! Love this CASE - it looks so different in the colour palette you've chosen! Great inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kathryn, this is so special. You don't get a chance to make many 80th cards. Love how you CASED the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be the time for special birthdays! What a great CASE Kathryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tone on tone stamping for both the background and the feature number! Beautiful special card Kathryn. may have to take a closer look at that flower set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little stamped flowers are so effective! Lovely card Kathryn, I'm sure your card class lady would have been thrilled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete