Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Kelly's Stamping Friends Blog Hop



I am celebrating one of my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Friends, Kelly Kent 5th Year Anniversary and she has decided to celebrate with 24 of her friends by hosting a Blog Hop - all with the theme of HAPPY!

I am sharing a very special card that I made for my nephew's 21st birthday.  It is a 5 3/4" square card which I don't make very often - only for special occasions, it also is decorated inside and has a matching envelope which I made with the Envelope Punch Board.

I chose the Nail It stamp set and matching Build It Framelit Dies as Jason is a Wood Machinist at Pfitzner Furniture which make all handcrafted wooden furniture here in the Adelaide Hills (and he is in the process of making me a 10-12 person jarrah kitchen table, which will make hosting my card classes so easy).

I was inspired by a card by Rochelle Blok as I was busy creating a 21st Scrapbooking Album at the same time so I was really struggling with time to create in the last 4 weeks.  I really enjoyed the Watercoloring, I used Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the images in Chocolate Chip as I though this would blend in the brown tones than Black and then used the Aqua Painter to blend through the colours.

Stamp Set:  Nail It, Big on Birthdays, Hardwood, Special Celebrations
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Real Red, Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, Vellum, Marina Mist
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Watercolor Pencils, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Large Numbers Framelits, Build It Framelit Dies, Urban Underground Embellishments, Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Marina Mist 5/8" Striped Ribbon (retired), Washi Tape (retired), Envelope Punch Board


Stampin' Up! Nail It, Big on Birthdays, Hardwood, Special Celebrations, 21st Birthday Card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Close up of the tools and the colouring using the Watercolor Pencils.

Stampin' Up! Nail It, Big on Birthdays, Hardwood, Special Celebrations, 21st Birthday Card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Inside the Card

Stampin' Up! Nail It, Big on Birthdays, Hardwood, Special Celebrations, 21st Birthday Card created by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


It's now time to hop on over to Mandy Depiazzo and see the amazing card that she has created for this special blog hop.


If you find a broken link, please view the participants below:
  1. Kelly Kent
  2. Angela Meiritz-Reid
  3. Monique Fielder
  4. Narelle Farrugia
  5. Wendy Hodkinson
  6. Deborah Harris
  7. Nicole Wilson
  8. Josie Dean
  9. Elizabeth Gross
  10. Rachel Palmieri
  11. Cheryl Algie
  12. Kristel Rimmer
  13. Kathryn Mangelsdorf (you are here)
  14. Mandy Depiazzi
  15. Fi Cobbin
  16. Nicole Goding
  17. Holly Stene
  18. Claudia Ausborn
  19. Julia Quinn
  20. Jan McQueen
  21. Sara Levin
  22. Carolina Evans
  23. Tamra Davis
  24. Narelle Simm
  25. Jenny Hall


12 comments:

  1. What a great card Kathryn, you've done a beautiul job. And how amazing will that table be! What a beautiful connection to know the maker. That's lovely. Wish I could come and sit and craft with you at your table one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Kathryn! You did a beautiful job with the watercolouring on the tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your watercolouring - so so perfect!! Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is superb Kathryn! Your nephew is one lucky guy and I'm sure he will treasure his special card! Thank you for your friendship & being part of my stamping circle! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I love this set so sad it didn't stay long :-( I love your 21st birthday card with it, it's amazing Kathryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, Kathryn! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no doubt that your nephew will love his card! And how nice that each of you will have something made by the hands of the other artist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card you have shared. So disappointed this bundle of products is not carrying over into the new catalogue. I won't be parting with mine as they are so versatile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun masculine card! Love the colouring you have done on the tools too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These handymen in our lives are a blessing aren't they? That table is going to be fantastic when it's finished. Love Jason's card, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card for your nephew, Kathryn! I love the repeating sentiment and your watercolouring is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete