Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pocket Silhouettes

Another very hot day today, 42C and I am really sick of this, it's not even cooling down overnight as previous evening I have been able to open up the doors and windows and air the house, however it's 9.30 pm and the airconditioner is still going. I have had a couple of friends and my dad call by this afternoon to enjoy my airconditioning as they had the power off, lucky it was only off for a few hours and ETSA were able to get it back on.
My card today uses a stamp set, Pocket Silhouettes which I have been loaning from my stamping friend, Lynette. This set is so reasonably priced at $33.95 and I have made a simple and quick card.

Stamp Set: Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Basic Black
Card: Kraft, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Accessories: Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kathryn! I love the colours you used and your design!
    I with with you about the weather, I'm over it lol and bring on winter lol!

    Stay cool and have a wonderful week!
    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Kathryn! This is really lovely and I love that layout!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just dropped by to read your blog - pocket sillouettes is one of my favourite stamps sets and I will certainly use your inspiration for this card in making one similar if that is ok? - best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete