Sunday, July 22, 2018

CASEing the Catty Mistletoe Season - #CTC188




I am preparing for my Christmas in July class on Saturday so I thought it was timely that the CASEing the Catty Crew were featuring the Holidays section of the Annual Catologue (page 92 to 103).

You maybe starting here so welcome or you could have come from Peta Stephen.

I was inspired by the card to the left which uses the Season Wreath Dynamic Embossing Folder, I love the depth that these folders give.  I have used VersaMark to ink up the embossing folder and then put it through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and then I sprinkled some Stampin' Emboss Powder on the wreath, you will need to remove some extra powder but with a little paint brush and some patiences you get an amazing effect.  I have used both sides of the Embossing Folder as I could not decide which one I preferred.  I then used some of the matching DSP and then add lots of the beautiful and sparkling Red Rhinestones.

Stamp Set:  Mistletoe Season
Ink:  Real Red, VersaMark
Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Copper Foil Sheet, Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper, Real Red
Accessories:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Season Wreath Dynamic Embossing Folder, Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Heat Tool, Gold, Copper and White Stampin' Emboss Powder


Stampin' Up! Season Wreath Dynamic Embossing Folder, Christmas Card, Embossing Folder, Reverse Embossing, Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper designed by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Close up of the Gold Embossed Wreath

Stampin' Up! Season Wreath Dynamic Embossing Folder, Christmas Card, Embossing Folder, Reverse Embossing, Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper designed by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Close up of the Copper Embossed Wreath

Stampin' Up! Season Wreath Dynamic Embossing Folder, Christmas Card, Embossing Folder, Reverse Embossing designed by Kathryn Mangelsdorf


Now it's time to hop on over to Judy May.



Are you inspired by the CASEing the Catty Crew why not participate in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge by uploading a project to Facebook.





6 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never though of embossing the folder image! This is brilliant, and the gold wreath is just perfect. I love them both! Awesome case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's beautiful. Love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are gorgeous Kathryn, the copper embossing is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your wreath cards, although Copper is a fav in general for me at the moment. I like that you have trimmed off part of the image rather than have it exactly centre on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Kathryn and definitely a 'wow' technique. The gold one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, great idea thanks for sharing. My house is called Woodside, on the other side of the world :) xxx

    ReplyDelete