Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Google Reader is Going Away

You may have heard that Google is retiring Google Reader on 1 July 2013. 

If you currently subscribe to my current updates or calendar feed through Google Reader, you will need to find a replacement reader. Readers are available in a variety of e-mail programs, as add-ons to web browsers and as web-based services. Each reader has its own features and customisation options; we recommend you research them a little to see what features you'd like. If you search RSS reader in your web browser or in your smartphone, tablet or other device's app store, you'll have many reader options to choose from.


I have just added mine to bloglovin'.  Here is a link that I used to transfer mine over, I hope this helps you too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kathryn. Do you know if all of the tags transfer over too? I have checked a few different readers and they don't seem to. I am trying Feedly at the moment and they say they will TRY to save the tags - a bit worried about all those "must make later" things I have saved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nanette
    Sorry I don't know a lot about saving individual pages as I save them in my "favorites" in Internet Explorer or "bookmark" them in Firefox depending on which I am using at the time.

    ReplyDelete