Saturday, December 4, 2010

Case Study Challenge #17 - Vintage Card

I was inspired by the Case Study Challenge this week as it was a vintage creation by Nina Brackett and as I have a totally different style of cards to this theme, I would give it a go.

I had to look for some lace which was hidden in one of my boxes from years ago and then tried out a new background stamp set that I inked up for the first time, En Francias with a little flourish from my all time favourite Baroque Motifs with the sentiment coming from Contempo Christmas. I punched out three of the ornaments and stamped on both sides to create a three dimensional Christmas decoration with lots of sponging on the edges with the sponge daubers.

With constructing a vintage card, it is laying and laying of textured materials and I think I achieved it and with all the edges of cardstock sponged to give futher depth.

Stamp Set: En Francias, Baroque Motifs, Contempo Christmas
Card: Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Cake Crumb
Ink: Always Artichoke, Soft Suede
Accessories: Cream Lace, Ornament Punch, Sponge Daubers, Hemp Twine, Wine Narrow Organdy Ribbon



7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card love the colour combination and the lace trim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, I love your colour combo and you've put the card together just perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! The colors are terrific and I'm SO impressed that you tackled the 3D ornament... and it came out GREAT! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Love the ornament and the lace. Thanks for joining us this week at the CASE Study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply lovely! Wonderful 3-D effect and I love that scripted background...how fabulously elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job here - love the ornament and the extra puff of lace on top.

    I'm so glad you could join the CASE study challenge this week - I'm so excited to be their sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how great that you decided on a 3-D ornament too! It turned out beautifully, and you paired it so nicely with that gorgeous DP :) I'm so glad that you took the time to participate in our challenge this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete